+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Hot room over garage

Hello. I've been reading some out here on the forum but wanted to explain what i found in my house and get a suggestion or two.

I have a room built over my garage. In the room there is a return air connected to my HVAC system, not zoned, with two ducts delivering the air. The ducts are in the knee wall and not the floor. So the room at least gets some a/c and heat. The knee wall is insulated and it looks like the area between the ceiling of the room and the roof of the house going up to the peak of the roof has insulation. Now I'm not sure how far up it goes up it does look like it's there from what i can tell.

Anyway i've noticed the floor in that room gets noticeably hot. So i started looking around and discovered there is absolutely no insulation under the floor of my room. So nothing between the floor of that room and the garage ceiling! All i had to do to see this was go in the attic and look where the floor was built in. I just moved some of the already blow in insulation away from that spot and then shined a flashlight in the space.

So I was thinking that trying to get some insulation blown into this space would be the best solution but I'm not sure if that's the case. I've seen and read ****** where someone can put some holes in the garage ceiling and get the insulation blown in that way.

So just wondering if I am on the right track with this idea or missing something.

thanks

Default Re: Hot room over garage

You're on the right track. Just call 2-3 insulation contractors for specific recommendatios and prices.

Default Re: Hot room over garage

Appreciate it. thanks