+ Reply to Thread

Question wood blinds-best brand?

I desperately want to install wood blinds soon to block Houston heat. Can anyone recommend a brand that they have been happy with? I want to measure and install myself from internet purchase, but hear sooo many conflicting reports regarding brands. Has anyone installed a brand that has held up and they are happy with. Thank you for any advice!

Default Re: wood blinds-best brand?

I have used the high-dollar ones from Smith & Noble, and the more reasonably-priced ones from Blinds dot com, I would dare anyone to pick which was which. Smith & Noble is twice the money as the discounter for the same product.
    Casey
    Remove not the ancient landmark, which your fathers have set.

Default Re: wood blinds-best brand?

I can't really make a recommendation, but I can make a caution. My daughter bought wood blinds from Lowes when she bought her house. She mostly used the Lowes house brand except for two windows that required a custom size that was not available. For those windows, she used the higher priced wood blinds that Lowes carries. For the most part, the performed and looked the same, however, she had one window with an arched top.

She used the house brand on that window at first, but the sunlight coming through the arch damaged the mechanism for the blind. The plastic parts were not UV protected and soon broke. Only that window was affected. She replaced it with the higher priced name brand from Lowes, but to be fair, she used one of the slats from the old blinds across the top of the new blinds to keep direct sunlight off the mechanism. It has held up so far.