+ Reply to Thread

Default GUTTER HELP! Rare Fascia w/3 Tiers doesn't seem to allow for gutters. Ideas please!

After having a few estimates done on installing gutters on a home new two our family (two previous owners for home built in 2005), the first company selected for the job came to install the gutters today. After only 15 minutes of work they advised that they had to walk away from the job.

It turns out the home was built with an attractive fascia yet style that makes it very difficult for gutters to attach securely to withstand a Minnesota winter. The first of the 3 tier fascia is approximately 1x3 inch board.

Any ideas - and what do we do if we can't install gutters as our roofline causes a huge waterfall at our front door, on our back deck and also causing wash out behind our garage. Help of any kind is welcome.

I've tried uploading a photo to show the kind of fascia we have but to no avail. The photo is within the requirements for size etc but after 3 people have tried different avenues, we're giving up on the photo. If interested in seeing our fascia type, please send me your email and I'll send the small .jpg.

Thanks so much in advance for any help you can provide!

Default Re: GUTTER HELP! Rare Fascia w/3 Tiers doesn't seem to allow for gutters. Ideas pleas

send me a picture. mlbconstruction1@gmail.com

Default Re: GUTTER HELP! Rare Fascia w/3 Tiers doesn't seem to allow for gutters. Ideas pleas

You will probably have to use half-round gutters; there are hangers for half round for every situation. You do need someone familiar with this type of gutter, and a real roofing supply outlet.
    Casey
    Remove not the ancient landmark, which your fathers have set.