+ Reply to Thread

Default Frameless shower doors

I am remodeling a bathroom that currently has a shower/tub unit. I am replacing that unit with a step in shower and would like to install a frameless shower door. Any suggestions on thickness of the glass or "gotcha's" about mounting?

Default Re: Frameless shower doors

If you google "frameless shower door" - you'll find useful info from manufacturers, installers and customers.

The usual thickness for frameless glass shower doors is either 1/2", 1/4" and 3/8". http://www.nycglassworks.com/shower-doors has different types of doors you can use for your shower, as well as information on the frameless glass shower door.

3/8" is most common unless the door is huge or the fixed panels aren't secure on several sides.

The factory applied keep-it-clean coatings really do work.

Make sure the installers do NOT penetrate the waterproofing system in your shower assembly

All such shower door glass is tempered by law. Tempered glass is amazingly strong and even if broken shatters into relatively small, safe pieces which are not going to cause a major cut. I've had frameless 1/4 inch "rainglass" showerdoors for several years with absolutely no problems.
    Last edited by ordjen; 11-12-2013 at 10:42 PM.