+ Reply to Thread

Default 10 doors and windows in 1 room!!!!! Help!

My kitchen design in my late 1800's farmhouse is a disaster! I have a large family and an awkward "T" shaped kitchen with 10 openings for windows and doors!!! I am a stay at home mom and DIYer so I have the time to fix-er-up, but I just can't find enough room for main appliances and a table with seating for 6. In addition, the cabinets and stove run along opposite walls on the bottom of the "T" and we are always climbing over each other trying to get through and bumping into one another. I'd sincerely appreciate any fresh ideas to fix this!

http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/...ps16ff5f15.jpg

Default Re: 10 doors and windows in 1 room!!!!! Help!

***, that's a tough one.

Is it possible to provide access the closet from another room? If so, you may have room for the refrigerator on the wall next to the heat duct, near to the sink. Perhaps turn the stove to face the sink with a new stub wall behind it. It could have shelves on the side facing the table and chairs for additional storage.

Thanks for the turning stove idea with mini wall! That's a great idea! As for closet, It contains plumbing and heating ducts to second story that would have to be moved to open it from dining room. Thanks for the ideas though, I'll give them some thought

Would it be possible to move the back door to enter through the pantry?

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    Would it be possible to move the back door to enter through the pantry?

Jack
    Maybe you could replace the window with the back door. That would give you wall space for the fridge. You could use the old fridge space for cupboards and maybe open up the passageway between the kitchen and eating area.

*** really never thought of moving back door. I'll havta look into that. It wood also make it easier for me to hook up ice maker in freezer lol. I have considered moving front door to enter into hall instead of kitchen, but dk how I could manage that because I'd havta move the main electrical supply to the house and a corner run of hot water baseboard heat, both of which I have no knowledge or experience with. Thanks for the ideas though.