Need some advice. I am trying to rescue some old paneling in our kitchen - neither the resources, time or inclination to replace. So am going to clean, degloss, sand, prime and paint. The paneling at the outside corners was not mitered. Instead, the previous owners used some cheap plastic molding (not sure - this might be what you call j-channel) to hide the top-to-bottom vertical joint. What would be the easiest way for me to update these corners aesthetically? I think that the quarter-round molding I have seen would stick out too far from the paneling. Thanks!