+ Reply to Thread

Default Ceiling fan drip

Hello,

I have recently moved into a house with a flat roof and have noticed that when it rains the ceiling fan in the upstairs bathroom drips.
    I've noticed that the water is coming in on the outside of the duct and I can see that some water has spread into the drywall.
    I have been onto the roof and I can't see any holes in the duct or in the roof around the duct, although the duct is quite rusty.
    Is this a common problem for a ceiling fan? Has anyone had anything similar and if so, what's the cure?

Thanks,

Chris

Default Re: Ceiling fan drip

Chris,

You may not be able to see it but you have a roof leak.

Are you suggesting your ceiling fan creates water and drips when it rains?

Wink Re: Ceiling fan drip

maybe it runs on hydrogen?

NEC,
    I would like to think that my ceiling fan was creating this water, but I can see that the truth is too obvious for me to ignore-I have a leaking roof. So if the leak isn't obvious to the eye, is there a way to find out where it is? By the slow drip coming through it must be a small crack, so if I find the leak can I seal it with something, or is this a job for a contractor?

Thanks for you reply btw,

Chris

Love ya Chris, really do.

I would buy a gallon of "roof mastic" and a cheap brush from a home supplier and coat the "ell" out of every seam on your roof.

Go from there if it still leaks.
    Last edited by NEC; 04-30-2009 at 08:18 PM.