Hi there. I have a beautiful old anglepoise lamp and recently the on/off push button switch stopped working. I ordered a new switch on ebay and installed it. The wiring seems to be in decent shape all except for one spot where the wires from the bulb socket and the switch connect to the wiring that comes from the plug, through the lamp and up to the shade. There are four wires and they connect through a bizarre little "h" connector that sort of looks like a lego brick. The connector is in rough shape and seems to have even melted slightly. You can view an image here-

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9A7WFWQS1j.../connector.jpg

Does anyone know what this connector is and if or where I could find a replacement?

And otherwise,

Does anyone have a suggestion for what I could replace this connector with? Could I simply solder the wires together?


Thanks for the advice.




-chris