+ Reply to Thread

Default replace or redo a tile floor

We have a tile floor in our bathroom and I hate it. The guy that installed it did a lousy job and I didn't want tile to begin with because I hate grout. I think it would have been better with big tiles which would be less grout,but he put in little 2 inch tiles and most are crooked. I want to know what the best solution for them would be. I hate the thought of trying to rip them all up. Any suggestions on how to redo this floor?

Default Re: replace or redo a tile floor

What emotion is stronger - having to rip them up or what your new bathroom will look like with a job done correctly and to your liking?

I'd replace the entire floor, for all the reasons you mentioned except the last one "I hate the thought..."

Quote Originally Posted by cathylu View Post
    We have a tile floor in our bathroom and I hate it. The guy that installed it did a lousy job and I didn't want tile to begin with because I hate grout. I think it would have been better with big tiles which would be less grout,but he put in little 2 inch tiles and most are crooked. I want to know what the best solution for them would be. I hate the thought of trying to rip them all up. Any suggestions on how to redo this floor?

Given that you already hate it, it's best to re-do it and do it the way you want rather than try to cut corners and do over the bathroom the wrong way.

Retroloco-LJ
    Hidden Content

As you told that you hate this floor so just remove all the tiles and put the new tiles whatever you like. No need any delay just call the builder and replace it.