+ Reply to Thread

Default Oven door cable broken

I have an old electric Youngstown Kitchens wall oven. Recently the oven door would not stay shut. The problem is with a broken safety cable (about 10inches) attached to a spring within the door. I was originally thinking it was made by Tappan. Looking at the tag in the oven, it reads Youngstown Kitchens and Stiglitz Corporation, Model ED024. I'm speculating it was assembled by the Stiglitz Corporation for Youngstown Kitchens. It looks like a simple piece but I cannot seem to locate a replacement part. Anyone know if this part exists? I'm thinking I may have to just have the part made up.

Default Re: Oven door cable broken

You might get lucky and find a matching part at used appliances stores. Another source could be the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by dj1 View Post
    You might get lucky and find a matching part at used appliances stores. Another source could be the internet.
    Thanks for the reply. After looking ****** and going to various supply type stores, I was steered to a big old hardware store where they had the materials and they made me the pieces (crimped the eyelets to the cable)! I got two parts (one for each side of the oven) for $2.00! Put the door back together and it works great.

So there you have it...I'm glad that your problem is solved and thanks for the feedback.