+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bath Faucet

Default Bath Faucet

I have just replaced my old bathroom sink faucet. Once I installed the new one, the water will not flow. I have done all the basic troubleshooting. I disconnected the water lines and checked them. Once I reconnect to the faucet and turn on, the water will not come out. I have also disassembled and reassembled the new faucet. What am I missing or is this a bad faucet?
    Two handle, compression type I think.

Default Re: Bath Faucet

take off the strainer, the little screen thing where the water comes out. it's probably clogged. happens all the time to people. when you hook up a new faucet you're supposed to take the strainer off and run the water to clear out any debris. then put it back on and you should be in fine shape.

Quote Originally Posted by MLB Construction View Post
    take off the strainer, the little screen thing where the water comes out. it's probably clogged. happens all the time to people. when you hook up a new faucet you're supposed to take the strainer off and run the water to clear out any debris. then put it back on and you should be in fine shape.
    I second that.
    John

detrek,

Do as mentioned above and see if your water flows, with shut off valves in "on" position.

If it still doesn't, then you have to check your angle stops (shut off valves) next. With angle stops at off position, simply disconnect the hot and cold supply tubes at the faucet. Get a bucket to catch the water. Turn them on one at a time holding the supply tubes. Water flows - good. Water doesn't flow - you may have clogged angle stops or lines. Happens a lot with galvanized pipes. Solution: re-pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by MLB Construction View Post
    Thanks for the help!! I had been fighting this for 4 days!! Im sitting here laughing now cause that was too easy. Thanks again....

With so much junk in your pipes - have you considered installing a whole house water filter?