Re: Mold Removal
You don't have to hire a professional, but you DO have to be EXTREMELY careful! For all intents and purposes, mold never dies. While the moisture may have left, there is still plenty of mold still present that can be detrimental to your health. More than likely, if you enter this home today, you're going to smell a mold/mildew aroma, guess what, prolonged contact with that will cause you some serious respiratory problems, or worse. Don't despair, you can use a respirator mask that is rated for mold - check with your local paint dealer, not a big box, an actual paint dealer. You can purchase a mask that will protect you from the mold. Once the house is stripped to bare studs, you can then treat the mold with any number of methods. Once treated, ventilate the space adequately, and then you can enter unprotected and start repairs.
I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!