+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default THANKS for updating Board software, but...

...there's no "Board" or "Forums" link in the NavBar.

When I click on New Posts, it takes me to a list of new posts, but then I have to click on an actual sub-Forum in a post title on the right to get to a listing of Categories and sub-forums.

Default Re: THANKS for updating Board software, but...

hmmm...that's not what I'm seeing. In the list of New Posts I can click on the title of each topic and be taken to the first post, or click the tiny icon next to the title which takes me to the first unread post within that topic.

What I've always wondered is why the entire forum is on a secure server (https) Only one I visit that is.

Quote Originally Posted by guy48065 View Post
    hmmm...that's not what I'm seeing. In the list of New Posts I can click on the title of each topic and be taken to the first post, or click the tiny icon next to the title which takes me to the first unread post within that topic.

What I've always wondered is why the entire forum is on a secure server (https) Only one I visit that is.
    I'm not talking about how I read posts...just pointed out that there is no link to go to the "forum" page - https://advice.thisoldhouse.com/forum.php - unless you reply to a thread, and you get to see "Board>TOH-D MESSAGE BOARD TECH SUPPORT>THANKS for updating Board software, but...Reply to Thread"

Gee, but do they have this Forum locked down tight.

I have 52 posts...and I still have a post moderated when I place a URL in it.

It's gonna take me some time to get used to the new format.

If you look just below "New Posts" you will see a rather faint house symbol (), if you click on it it will take you to the full forum list.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Angry Re: THANKS for updating Board software, but...

Quote Originally Posted by daspyda View Post
    Gee, but do they have this Forum locked down tight.

I have 52 posts...and I still have a post moderated when I place a URL in it.
    Sorry for the delay, but when they changed the format they failed to notify us moderators what to watch for to approve posts. I hope it doesn't take this long to figure everything out again.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    If you look just below "New Posts" you will see a rather faint house symbol (), if you click on it it will take you to the full forum list.

Jack
    Jack, I'm talking about when I am in the New Posts format, there is not a way to get back to the full forum list.

In vBulletin Mods, there is a mod that will add Forums to your title bar. I think it's called Add Forum to Title Bar, or something like that.

This helps when a person is finished looking at the new posts, but they want to then post something in a specific Category or sub-category.

Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    Sorry for the delay, but when they changed the format they failed to notify us moderators what to watch for to approve posts. I hope it doesn't take this long to figure everything out again.

Jack
    This is a setting in the Administrative Panel. It goes into Moderated status automatically when it triggers a behavior. I can see members with less then 10 posts being moderated to curb spam, but not established members.

And, we STILL can't post images?????????

Quote Originally Posted by daspyda View Post
    And, we STILL can't post images?????????
    I hope this changes as IMHO it's a very bad idea for a Q&A or Help forum to not host images. Over my years on the internet I have had a few image hosting sites vanish or go to a for-pay basis and all my posts using those sites would now be missing the pictures I took.

Pictures can often tell a lot more than words. For example all the above could be replaced with