+ Reply to Thread

Default Fiber Cement Siding

Hello
    I would like to inquire on any info that can be provided on the use of Fiber cement siding for replacement siding. I reside @ approx 7800 ft elevation in the front range of Colorado. We are planning to replace the siding for our community and we are seriously considering fiber cement siding.(Low maintenance, minimize long term maintenance, Fire & Weathering resistance,etc.). this is a large project and can't seem to find independent evaluations of such products or which products have truely worked. Any and all insights would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you
    Fergus

Default Re: Fiber Cement Siding

don't know exactly what else you want to know, it seems you've done some homework. James Hardi Fiber Cement Clapboards are great. i use them all the time and have yet to receive one complaint.

Fergus,

I have Hardi-Plank on my own home and am completely satisfied with it. Speaking as a former painting contractor, I love the way it holds paint. After 14 years the siding is holding great. I painted it eight years ago when I bought the house and it looks as good as the day I painted it. I had to repaint some of the wood trim, but the Hardi siding is fine.

ive installed a fair amount of fibre cement. definitely go with harti. the certainteed product is nowhere near as good a product.. one thing to pay very very close attentijon to is the install guideline.. its very strict . .failure to install it to the manufacturers specs can void your warrenty
    fire up the saw and make some dust