+ Reply to Thread

Default floating floor removal

I have a medium sized kitchen that has a floating laminate wood flooring that I would like to remove and install a roll of vinyl or real pine wood planks. How do I go about taking out the planks if they are under the cabinets and the dishwasher? The base cabinets have unique kickboards that have a curved opening on the bottom of them showing the bottom of the base cabinet as well as the existing flooring.

Default Re: floating floor removal

Depends on what type of flooring you have and how thick it is. Typically, you use a sawzall or similar tool to cut along the toe-kick of the cabinet after you have pulled the baseboard off.

Once you have the old floor out, you can lay the new floor, reinstall the baseboard and you're all set.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Default Re: floating floor removal

[QUOTE=A. Spruce;277949]Depends on what type of flooring you have and how thick it is. Typically, you use a sawzall or similar tool to cut along the toe-kick of the cabinet after you have pulled the baseboard off.QUOTE]

You can cut the main floor out in sections. Set the circular saw blade just enough to get through the laminate. If your lucky you might be able to slip/wiggle the flooring out from underneath the cabinets to install the new.
    Gizmo

Cut it 3 times & it's still to short.
    Inventor of the Miter Master Plus.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content