+ Reply to Thread

Default 75+ old wood double hung windows

What do I do with them? Any idea's out there for repurposing or using in another project? Ebay? I hate to see these go to the landfill. These are over 100 years old and in great condition. But the project calls for their replacement. Ideas please!!?? Thanks in advance.....
    Last edited by derekdilks; 04-25-2011 at 06:42 PM.

Default Re: 75+ old wood double hung windows

Hey Derekdilks,

There really isn't a whole lot of use for window sashes that old. You can try and put them for sale or for free ******, but I wouldn't bet on them getting picked up.

I have seen the glass taken out and the wood frames used as picture frames.

If you or someone you know is good at painting you can also paint on the glass and hang them up around the house as art. That is done very commonly. Kids usually get a kick out of it if you let them paint on them. It's a fun project.

Hope this helps. Let me know what you are gonna do.-Gregg

I know some gardeners would love to have them to recycle into cold frames.

I also know people who use them as picture frames,mirrors etc.frames and all.

Try craigs list under the free section

Gardeners use them as efficient, pretty cold frames. They can also be used to make solar powered fruit and veggie dehydrators! I'd definitely put them in the free section on your local craigslist.

If you would like to just get rid of them ; i have a project ; projects going on and would love to have them. Also if you would rather sell them; either as a whole lot or a partial please let me know.

Thanks, burk