+ Reply to Thread

Question Framing Nailer Questions

I'm looking into buying a framing nailer. I heard that the angle doesn't really matter much, but that the 28 degree version has a slight edge over the 21 degree in tight places. Is that true?

Also, who makes the best brand of nails to use? I will need nails with heads on them. Thanks

Default Re: Framing Nailer Questions

I prefer Hitachi or Senco coil nailers. Be careful to not get one that uses 28deg. wire-welded nails. Just go price the nails and you'll understand why!

Phil

the 21 degree one will do you just fine.....but the 28 degree does make a big difference in tight spaces.

the angle depends on the gun your using more than anything.. different guns shoot differnent angled nails.. and different guns shoot different types of collated nails.. i.e.. wire collated, plastic or paper.. hitachi makes a great framing gun geared to the pro
    fire up the saw and make some dust

Buy the gun with the nails available to you. Rarely do I have problems in tight areas. In those cases we can always manually drive a nail. It helps keep us grounded.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRemodeler View Post
    Buy the gun with the nails available to you. Rarely do I have problems in tight areas. In those cases we can always manually drive a nail. It helps keep us grounded.
    Houston, good to see you back.

If you have a limited use for a nailing gun, like only every once in a while, stick to a hammer. That's what I do. I still use my Vaughan framer that i got in the 80s.