+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    5,438

    Default Whirlpool Range Repair

    A client asked me to fix his Whirlpool range (model sf362lxsy).

    Symptoms: stove works fine. Oven (at bake or broil modes) lights up, works for a minute or two, then quits.

    I suspect that it's the circuit control board.

    If it's the control board, a Whirlpool part is around $326.

    What do you think?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Fayette County, Ohio
    Posts
    5,622

    Default Re: Whirlpool Range Repair

    Could also be the thermocouple. Does it later come on again?

    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,616

    Default Re: Whirlpool Range Repair

    Google that model for a repair manual and troubleshooting guide. I suspect a circuit board issue or a control module.

    Our Kenmore (aka Whirlpool ) has popped it's module a couple times in the 13-ish years we've had it.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    5,438

    Default Re: Whirlpool Range Repair

    Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    Google that model for a repair manual and troubleshooting guide. I suspect a circuit board issue or a control module.

    Our Kenmore (aka Whirlpool ) has popped it's module a couple times in the 13-ish years we've had it.
    I have the same feeling. Almost every range with a circuit board that I've fixed, had a burnt board. Especially Whirlpool and their dozens of various companies.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,616

    Default Re: Whirlpool Range Repair

    Sadly, there aren't any manufacturers that are worth a darn. Don't even get me started on all these senseless and useless electronics they're putting into everything now-a-days.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    5,438

    Default Re: Whirlpool Range Repair

    Spruce,

    Major appliance manufacturers are like car makers: they build them to break. They load them up with various parts that even professional repairmen can't navigate through.

    So what's the solution? buy foreign? they price their parts even higher.

    This range's board is $326 plus tax and shipping. A new range with similar features is around $450. If doesn't pay to fix it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,419

    Default Re: Whirlpool Range Repair

    Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    Sadly, there aren't any manufacturers that are worth a darn. Don't even get me started on all these senseless and useless electronics they're putting into everything now-a-days.
    Yeah, don't get me started either, you saw my rant last week.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    5,438

    Default Re: Whirlpool Range Repair

    Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    Could also be the thermocouple. Does it later come on again?

    Jack
    Yes Jack, it does come back and quits again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •