+ Reply to Thread

Default Need help with shower door installation problem please

This shower door was supposed to be notched around the novelty tile detail going around the shower wall for a tight fit. Instead it was installed away from the wall and caulked. No notch.

I was not informed of the change, they just put it in that way. What do you think? I am afraid too much of a gap of caulk will be a maintenance problem. Not to mention how expensive this shower door was and it wasn't done as agreed.

Really need your opinions as I don't know what to think.

Default Re: Need help with shower door installation problem please

very common question with a very simple answer. speak to the person you set the deal up with regarding the notching and tell them you want the door to be redone the way you originally contracted it to be done at their cost. if they deny you, contact the better business bureau in your area.

MLB is right. You first have to give this company a chance to correct what they've done wrong.

If they play dead, get an estimate from another shower door company and inform the first company that you will sue them for the amount of the estimate. They can't win a suit like this.

As far as a maintenance issue with the way it is installed now it will probably be "functional" but that being said I am a bit of a perfectionist myself and that would never fly it is just plain ugly. I would be clear with the company that installed it and let them know that you are not satisfied and that you feel they should amend the situation because it was not installed according to how they had originally stated. Most reputable companies will fix issues like this without being dragged to court and having to pay for a lawyer and waste a few days