+ Reply to Thread

Default How to make your own tools

you might call this "overkill." this guy needs a new handle for his giant chisel so to make the handle he builds a home made lathe by hand and with scrap materials. extremely impressive.

http://www.break.com/index/give-this...v-show-2436365

Default Re: How to make your own tools

Must have a lot of spare time.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

What I want to know is how much coffee he drank to get his leg to move that fast.
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.

it was also fun to watch it sped up....made it look like he did it in an hour. probably took a week or two

That was pretty darned amazing. I don't have the patience for that kind of hand work.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

***, this guy is really aspiring to be amish, I like how he used tapered dowels and pins on the whole thing instead of nails ... I dont have the patience for that. This whole movie kind of reminded me of the scene in the beginning of "40 year old virgin" where he is going through his daily morning routine

? why does this forum censor w o w?