+ Reply to Thread

Question Cabinet doors to small

I ordered custom cabinets doors to match some new cabinets we put in. My new cabinet doors and draws came in and they are the same size as the opening. Too small to hang. We found out that they were made to the exact measurements of the opening without adding anything. Can we fix this without having to order new cabinets? If so, how can we do this?

thanks to anyone who can help.

Default Re: Cabinet doors to small

You will need to order new doors. This time give them the right measurements.

Quote Originally Posted by dj1 View Post
    You will need to order new doors. This time give them the right measurements.
    That's not quite fair without knowing the style of door and the measurements asked for. Were they flush doors or surface mounted? Are there styles in the openings or not? Is it a door problem or a hardware problem?

Don't worry, dj, I'm not singling you out with these questions, I'm just saying, without knowing what was measured and what was ordered, there's not a lot we can offer.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

It happens better order new cabinets. Look ******.

I agree with Spruce, how did the error happen? Did you send opening measurements? Did you tell them to make surface mount doors, flush doors, or that the measurement was the opening size?

If you told them it was the opening size and you wanted surface mounted doors the error is theirs and they should replace them. You you told them what size you you wanted then it's on you.

Unless you can flush mount the doors or add the the face frame new doors are in order.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

I've seen it many times, where a person orders one thing, and the supplier understands it another thing.

With custom items, the consumer has very little chance to get free replacement. And with internet sales, his chances are even diminished (if that's the case here).