+ Reply to Thread

Default Gluing wood to cement

I have a round, 20 pound, 24 inch, cement table top inlaid with small tile pieces. I ordered a base on which to mount it. Where the base supports the top are three holes to use as anchor points. I plan to use a smaller piece of round wood, glued to the bottom of the cement top, as the "in between" part. I will insert bolts through the wood to fasten to the base prior to gluing the wood.

My question: What is the best way to glue the wood to the underside of the table top?

Thanks.

Default Re: Gluing wood to cement

Try construction adhesive like DAP 7000. Also, check if Gorilla glue can do the job.

ive never had any luck with any glues or sealants made by DAP,. their painters caulk is the only thing they make thats any good... Liquid nail, Pl Premium or lumberlock will work
    fire up the saw and make some dust

We recently used a construction adhesive called Power Grab for wood to concrete block walls. It worked awesomely in conjunction with con-sert screws. I believe it is sold by Loctite.
    Casey
    Remove not the ancient landmark, which your fathers have set.

All these glue/caulk suggestions are great, but since you are trying to attach tiny little wood pieces to the concrete, your success may be limited.

Please tell us how it worked for you.