+ Reply to Thread

Default unique wall outlet face plate?

So I am in search of an unusual face plate for a wall outlet... I have seen it before, but can't figure out how to find it on Google or Amazon.

Envision this if you may. You are putting up new cabinets and one cabinets is going to cover an existing wall outlet. Relocating the outlet is not an option you wish to take, but preferably you want to cut a hole in the cabinet and mount a new faceplate that is RECESSED BACK TO THE WALL AS WELL AS OVERSIZED TO COVER NEW HOLE IN CABINET.

Does that make sense? The face plate is larger and recessed to address the hole and thickness of the newly added cabinets. I have seen it before, but put it low on my priority scale, and now I can't seem to find it again...

In my case scenario, former homeowners or cheap contracters(i suspect the latter)added a wall between the kitchen and another room, to create a third bedroom. The wall is not studded properly and to avoid extra work, they drywall over the original outlets and cut holes in the drywall to reveal the outlets. It has been an eyesore for a while, but was covered by furniture. I know I need to replace the whole wall and make it to code, but later... Now I just want to cover the raw, ugly cut drywall with a faceplate that will serve multiple functions... Single outlet...

Thank you for your help in advance...

Default Re: unique wall outlet face plate?

I'm guessing you mean a recessed receptacle often called a wall clock receptacle.
    http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&keyw...d%20receptacle

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

close but not what I was looking for...

Here is a link to another recessed outlet which is more closer to what I was looking for... PLEASE NOTE THAT BECAUSE I AM A NEW USER, THE WEBSITE WON'T LET ME POST LINK, BUT IF YOU NOTICE THE LINK BELOW, PLEASE COPY, CORRECT, AND PASTE IT. PLEASE CORRECT "triple w dot aifittings.com TO "www"dot aifittings.com" I KNOW IT IS CONFUSING, BUT THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT...

triple w dot aifittings.com/products/videos?category=low-voltage-cable-management&video=15

When you watch the video, in the first 3 seconds of the video, You see the model remove a deep recessed face plate. I think this is what I am looking for, but when I first discovered it, the example was using a hole in a cabinet as described before...

Like I said, I think this will work, but I will wait a few more days, incase anyone else has a lead... Thanks again.

Not sure if you are looking for a recessed receptacle aifittings.com/products/videos?category=low-voltage-cable-management&video=15

or and outlet box extension http://img.search.yahoo.com/search/i...ei=UTF-8&type=

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

I think I found what I am looking for... I still can't post a link yet, but if anyone wants to see, go to Google or Amazon and search for "electric trim ring by Fast Cap". I am 99% sure this is what I was looking for. I ordered one and I will keep you posted if this is not the right product after all, but I am sure it will work... Thanks again for your help...

bob