+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Please help with attachments

Am trying to attach photos to a post. I tried Manage Attachments--my pics meet type and size criteris but I get "not a valid attachment". I pulled directions to create an album--I see no link in my UserCP titled "Pictures & Albums" as per the directions! Help, please!!

Default Re: Please help with attachments

There is an easier way: load your photo onto photobucket and then post here with the link.

The image attachment feature was disabled due to spamming attacks that regularly plague this site. The best thing to do is as dj1 suggests, use an image host to put your images on-line, then link them here. Other options would be to create a zip or pdf file of the image(s) and attach that.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Thank you both for the help! I will try again. Would be helpful if there was a change in directions for attaching photos!

OK, I have used Imageshack in the past but am not familiar with newer verson of Photobucket. I have an album of 3 pics. What do I post as the link?

First off you need to have posted on this site 10 times before they will let you post pictures. I just went through this myself. I just posted a few mindless posts in my thread,so I could build my way up to 10. They just do this to prevent spammers from posting **** pics and such.
    On your photobucket page,click on the picture you want to post. A page should come up with "image links" in it. I copy the "direct image" code.
    Then when you are posting on this site,you should see a little yellow box with mountains and a sun in it. Click on that icon and a box will pop up. On this site I have to erase the "http" in this box before I paste my code,then you paste your image code in this box. You should get your pic in your post,like this-

Last edited by 67drake; 04-03-2013 at 06:43 PM.

There should be a box somewhere near the image that says "to share this image" or something very close to that. You simply copy that image address, then come here and write your post. When you're ready to insert the image, you click on the yellow icon that looks like a post card. A box will pop up where you will then paste the address of your image. Make sure that you highlight the "http" that is already in the box before pasting your address. Hit return and the image will be posted inline with the text. You can continue with more text and/or images, then simply submit your post and you're done, time for a beer!
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

If you still have problems e-mail pictures to me jackson_l_mcdaniel@yahoo.com
    put "TOH pix" in the subject line and include your TOH user name and I'll post them for you.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Thanks for the help everyone! I will try again!!

67drake, love your photo. My house is about the same age. I have a couple built in corner cupboards--I've not thought of painting inside off-white to match walls for better display. A simple, but good idea!!

Finally got to the notice that I needed 10 posts to imbed pics. One more post and it should work!!