+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: a safe Medic Alert bracelet

EMT's and Paramedics are taught to look for Medic-Alert bracelets and necklaces, so you need it in one place or the other or they may not find it in time. The necklace usually comes with a ball-chain like military dog tags- that will clue them into it's purpose even if it's tucked into your shirt. It will come apart easily enough should it get caught in moving equipment. You may get a skin lesion should that happen, but you survived and that matters more!

If your condition is such that you may not be able to communicate your medical problem should you get hurt, then limit your shop times to when someone can help keep an eye on you just in case the worst happens and be sure they also know what to do for you till help arrives.

Phil

My alert bracelet says "REFORMAT MY HARD DRIVE"

I would definitely wear it in a different location if you are serious about using the tools. Do you have a card with all your information in your wallet? As ***** and their interactions get more complex; it's not enough state the type of ailment you have but how you're being treated. This includes herbal remedies.

Just read and understand what I said or you may as well not have anything to warn the first responders of your medical problem. They are NOT going to look for anything except a bracelet or necklace until it's too late to matter.

Don't believe me- ask your local EMT's, firefighters and ER doctors for yourself. They will tell you the exact same thing. Vary from that at your own risk, and that's a bigger risk than I'd take.

Phil

Just read and understand what I said or you may as well not have anything to warn the first responders of your medical problem. They are NOT going to look for anything except a bracelet or necklace until it's too late to matter.

Don't believe me- ask your local EMT's, firefighters and ER doctors for yourself. They will tell you the exact same thing. Vary from that at your own risk, and that's a bigger risk than I'd take.

Phil

When operating in a store, you could use it on a pendant nestled into your clothing or slide the ID logo into your wallet, then put it back again on when you keep a store.
    Kennethkbryant