+ Reply to Thread

Default New shower faucet dribbles water . . . Help!

We have installed a new tub and shower faucet durring our renovations. When turning the water on (on the faucet itself), it only dribbles out water. We have tried to adjust the water flow nuts. We even had the faucets company send out a new carcrige, to no avail. We do have an unrestricted water flow to the faucets manifold. It still just dribbles out. It is a single swivel handle (does not lift). Any help is appreciated.

Default Re: New shower faucet dribbles water . . . Help!

It sounds like there may be some debris in the line that is plugging the valve. Take the cartridge out and turn on the water main for a moment then turn it back off. Reassemble the valve. Remove the shower head and then run the water again. If the flow seems good, then you've either purged the debris or the shower head is plugged and needs to be cleaned or replaced.

It is not uncommon for debris to break loose in the line when the main is turned on and off. It is also not uncommon for excess solder, pipe cutting debris, or other foreign matter to be introduced into the pipe when changes are made. Flush the system and you'll likely dislodge the debris.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

I tried to do that, and the water runs freely with the carcrige off. Upon replacing the carcrige, I have the same problem. There are two rubber stopper type of things, with springs behind them, in the faucet manifold, that when removed the faucit works, but does not shut off. I think I will try to flip the springs. Perhaps when they are pushed tight, it doesn't allow for water flow.

Then the valve may not be assembled correctly. What is the brand/model? Do you have the instruction manual for it?
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!