+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Front street appeal

We built a beautiful beach house and the front isn't complete and looks dull and drab. We couldn't change the front porch and were required to keep the original slab for the front porch. It's now 6.7ft deep and 33 ft wide with a second floor deck (same size) above. The dilemma is we went for a variance and were awarded 3 foot extension. Before we complete the project we would like the bottom floor 9.7 ft and screen it in. Need to leave the upper deck as is. This is a new house any suggestions. I can send pictures if that will help.

Please please help

Default Re: Front street appeal

sending pictures would help but i think you're looking for design solutions as opposed to "how to" construct it.

i'd like to recommnd that you utilize an architect or designer. i know they can be costly so one option that i just came across was using architecture students. speak to a local school that specializes in architecture or design, many or them have programs where you can get input and drawings for little or no cost from students working on projects. they are all approved by the professors.

i just had someone doing a bathroom remodel use students for such a task and the drawings and plans they sent me were terrific.

I agree with MLB. We don't like to suggest designs, because that's not our profession. I can use my knowledge and taste for something I'm doing in my house, but for a job, I always encourage the customer to contact an architect or a designer. Money well spent.

Thank you for your advise. I will try a school. Great idea. Maybe I can get a couple designs to choose from.