+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Wink Re: Main line busted, clay? help!!!

So, we found that our house sewage was coming from two lines. One appeared to be original and was clay and came out from the back of the house. The other was asbestos and came from the front upstairs, it ran outside the house down into the ground then around the back and tied into the first. So we cut out as much as we could of both lines all the way until they our property ended and they tied into city sewer.
    I apologize for breaking up my posts but I'm dying to be able to post pics and I need ten posts to be able to do that.

Talking Re: Main line busted, clay? help!!!

We started with no clean outs so we decided to put two in, one for each part of our sewage line. We figured that this way regardless of where a future clog occurred we would have a clean out. The worst part of the whole job was that we had a deck covering the whole area and under the deck was a concrete pad as well as concrete pavers. So, to follow the length of the sewer we had to remove all of the deck and cement. My backyard is now a muddy mess. We do have a nicely graded up to date sewage line though.

Hooray!!

Will post some pics of the job as soon as I can.