I have recently purchased my first home and my list of "improvements" is growing by the day. Before I did anything major I decided to replace all the exterior deadbolts and keyed handles. The house came with cheap deadbolts that were in poor shape, so replacing them made the most sense to me. While replacing the front deadbolt I discovered that the strike plate for the deadbolt (is that the right term?) was covering wood that is in bad shape. My question is, do I replace the frame, the door/frame or fill with epoxy/wood filler? Any thoughts the community has would be much appreciated! As a side note, the jamb for the knob seems to be too short for the width of the frame, is this typical? Should I just install a larger strike plate?

Pics at (remove the spaces):

tinyurl.com / bszldko