Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Question Big hole in wall

    I have a baseball size hole in my wall. How can it be fixed?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    New London County, CT

    Default Re: Big hole in wall

    What is the wall made of? Sheetrock, plaster, etc.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Big hole in wall


    That's the price you pay for playing baseball inside the house...

    If the hole is in drywall, follow these easy steps:

    1. cut a larger square around the hole.
    2. insert a piece of 1x2 strip for backing and secure it with a couple of drywall screws to the existing wall.
    3. cut a square piece of drywall - the same size as your square hole.
    4. place it in the hole and secure with a screw into the 1x2 backing.
    5. tape around it, then use joint compound to fill in.
    6. continue by sanding when dry. If you need more 'mud', add it now.
    7. let it dry and sand.
    8. prime and paint.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: Big hole in wall

    I agree with dj1 but I would go from stud to stud in the wall and screw the drywall to the studs and put a backer board in the middle for a little extra support. My 2 cents

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts