+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bath tub drain

Default Bath tub drain

When the bath tub would not drain , I removed the trip lever with a metal linkage and a metal lift rod and a plastic plunger.
    when I found the clog was in the basement trap, I put the drain assembly back. THE trip lever would not raise & lower the plunger. When I tried to remove everything, it seemed liked it was catching on something, IT is inside a PVC pipe .
    I tried to lubricate the linkage with grease. did not seem to help.
    Any ideas ?

Default Re: Bath tub drain

Things like this happen. Do you have an easy access to the PVC drain pipe (from the back)?

When a tenant breaks a trip lever, I tell him/her to buy a 99 cent rubber plug, if he/she wants to take a bath in the tub. Repair can get complicated.

Thank you, don't really want to take the PVC pipe apart to see what the plunger is catching on. Maybe if I remove the trap in the basement I can look up into it. One of those tiny cameras that would fit in the pipe would be nice.
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasAVK View Post
    Thank you, don't really want to take the PVC pipe apart to see what the plunger is catching on. Maybe if I remove the trap in the basement I can look up into it. One of those tiny cameras that would fit in the pipe would be nice.
    Tom
    If you are talking about drain video camera - they are not free. They start at $150. Unless you own one.
    Besides, from the bottom you won't see anything unusual.