+ Reply to Thread

Default Replacement Drawer Glides

One of the glide wheels on my kitchen drawers has gone bad. I have been dealing with this for about a year and do not know where to do. They are a three piece, 3/4 extension, drawer glides. I have been to Rockler and they do not have anything that will work. I have also contacted a few others and have not received a reply.

Even building up the inside of the cabinet to use a different systems appears to be trouble. The sides of the drawer and cabinet frame appear to be 5/8" and I am worried about having enough strength to hold up the drawer.

Currently the drawer glide is attached only to the frame from and a bracket at the back leaving about an inch between the glide and the side of the interior compartment.

I have pictures but was unable to post due to my zero post count. Any ideas? Thanks-

Default Re: Replacement Drawer Glides

If all else fails, try Ikea. They sell excellent drawers IMO
    It's this old house, not this built after your dad was born house.

If you google it, you'll find a lot of outlets selling drawer hardware. In addition the big box stores carry them.

If you can't find one to match, you can always buy a pair and install both of them on the same drawer.

Quote Originally Posted by dj1 View Post
    If you google it, you'll find a lot of outlets selling drawer hardware. In addition the big box stores carry them.

If you can't find one to match, you can always buy a pair and install both of them on the same drawer.
    Ditto.

If you have to change the mounting to the side, then you can add a shim to the sides to take up the space and give more beef for the guide to be secured to. Use glue and screws to secure the shim to the sidewalls.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!