+ Reply to Thread

Default more energy efficient lighting

Any suggestions on replacement bulbs for "can" lights in the ceiling. Currently has 120-150 watt incandescent spots. Are there ant LED replacements that could be used? Thanks. Jim

Default Re: more energy efficient lighting

What about compact fluorescent lamps? It's just a fluorescent light made to the size of a light bulb and they're available everywhere and in a variety of light color options. They save you a lot of money and look nice. They also supply the same amount of "light" for far less cost and last much longer than a standard light bulb and conduct very little heat. LED replacements are still a year or two off, but they will appear eventually. Right now, LED isn't a consistant or affordable option.
    Last edited by KKelly; 04-26-2009 at 01:03 PM.
    If I only knew what I was doing!

Yup, they make CF's in PAR type floods.

I receintly saw LED bulbs at Sams.

I've seen LED PAR30/BR30s advertised for around $25 on the net supposedly 150 lumens warm light having 50 or so LEDs within E26 screw base for line voltage fixtures. Supposedly use just 7 watts. http://www.bulborama.com/store/cart...._detail&p=1145

CCrane advertises their CC Vivid PAR 30 LED as 60 LEDs within, 150 lumens, supposedly using just 2.75 watts (but I'm thinking thats too low), and $40 each http://www.ccrane.com/lights/led-lig...ight-bulb.aspx

Haven't bought any yet since I still have half a case of old style BR30s, and I haven't looked for them in the stores. I sent a sample card in for a GE version but it hasn't come yet. Don't know if they're dimmable either.

P.S. My can lights were rated at 75 watts max, I haven't seen an interior residential can light or high hat that was listed for higher wattage non-reflectors in a long time, you sure you aren't overlamped now?
    Last edited by Moon Over My Hammy; 04-26-2009 at 03:09 PM.

[QUOTE=Moon Over My Hammy;53809

P.S. My can lights were rated at 75 watts max, I haven't seen an interior residential can light or high hat that was listed for higher wattage non-reflectors in a long time, you sure you aren't overlamped now?[/QUOTE]

Yet another post meant to confuse...... Why she does it I have no clue.

Please read the can trim and lamping options......

http://www.cooperlighting.com/specfi...2494_H7TNB.pdf