+ Reply to Thread

Default Arch window dividers fell down

Arch window dividers fell down. My window manufacturer is M&W Windows. Is it possible to fix it? Can you please tell me how? I have attached the picture.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Arch window dividers fell down

It's hard to see from your picture, but it is repairable. You need to find a local skilled window guy.

If the mullions are between two panels of glass, no it is not repairable, you must replace with a new glass unit. The frame is reusable, it is the glass "sandwich" that has to be replaced by a glass company.

If the mullions are on the outside of the glass, then yes, it can be repaired with a touch of glue, maybe a brad or two. If you are unable to do this yourself, then you'll have to find a local woodworking shop that can do it for you.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Dividers are sandwiched between 2 glass sheets (MY house built in 2003). I will contact glass company and see if they can fix it. Do you know how much it will cost?

Somebody said that it is repairable. Can you please clarify that also with my above explanation?

Quote Originally Posted by vidshan11 View Post
    Dividers are sandwiched between 2 glass sheets (MY house built in 2003). I will contact glass company and see if they can fix it. Do you know how much it will cost?

Somebody said that it is repairable. Can you please clarify that also with my above explanation?
    It is not possible to separate the glass panels, replacement is the only option.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

And joy of joys, if the original failed then the replacement is probably going to do the same thing sooner or later

The only thing which belongs between the panes of a window is inert gas under a vacuum and maybe a low-E film, and now you know why.

Phil