+ Reply to Thread

Thread: outdoor shower

Default outdoor shower

I have a cabin in the north woods we would like to put a shower outside. We do not have electric or running water I have looked on line for plans but have had no luck. If any one has plans or thoughts it woud be great

Default Re: outdoor shower

Quote Originally Posted by jasacrowe View Post
    I have a cabin in the north woods we would like to put a shower outside. We do not have electric or running water I have looked on line for plans but have had no luck. If any one has plans or thoughts it woud be great
    So what are you looking to do, gravity feed and solar heated? How are you supplying the water if there's no electric. Are you looking to put walls around the shower area or just rig up a shower head on the side of the wall or on a pole?
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

I think the first concern, in your situation (no power, no water) would be a collection tank or reservoir which would be upper mountain and have an outlet that feeds your supply. After that, it's simply a matter of filtration (Filtering the water is a big thing) and mounting a shower head at the low end. You can run copper or pvc pipe anywhere and both have common 1/2 mpt fittings to adapt to your shower head. Maybe let us know how you plan to supply the water (do you have an upper mountain?) and the rest is easy.
    If I only knew what I was doing!

Arrow Re: outdoor shower

The military has been and still do use outdoor showers. They have a reservoir and sometimes the water is heated, sometimes not, depending on the area. I would suggest looking up sites that have military outdoor showers for more ideas.

NOVAPros

Without running water or electric, it seems your options are a bit limited. If you have a hand pump well or spring, you could use a sun shower available at camping & marine stores.
    http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...7&classNum=135

Since I guess you have no running water, you can do what the Military in Iraq has been doing: bottled water showers. One of the tricks is to leave the water in the sun to warm up. But, then take that water and blend it with the cooler water and put it in a 5 gallon bucket. We have drilled a hole in the side and sealed it with silicon caulk (almost as good as duct tape) with a valve to the shower head. Put it up on the highest shelf in the "shower stall" or ontop of a vehicale and turn it "on" so to speak.

But, if you simply collect the water, it needs to be filitered or when you pipe it to a water heater the mineral and natural deposits with "wear it out" in less than a year or so.

Goota have water to have a shower.

Good luck. Process of Elimination.
    Process of elimination. Good luck.