+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tub and Shower Repair

I need to repair the Arcrlic rod that is broken in my sons one piece Fiberglass Tub and Shower. Local venders say the entire tub need to be replaced. I just think there should be a way to repair this plastic rod.

Default Re: Tub and Shower Repair

There are various glues for acrylic on the market - I know Luctite is one - that you can try. To replace the whole tub enclosure is rediculous.

you can go for some industrial glue. if that does not work i am afraid you will have to go for complete change.

Quote Originally Posted by dj1 View Post
    There are various glues for acrylic on the market - I know Luctite is one - that you can try. To replace the whole tub enclosure is rediculous.
    I'm missing about a 3" piece

Quote Originally Posted by Crowealethea View Post
    you can go for some industrial glue. if that does not work i am afraid you will have to go for complete change.
    I'm missing a 3" piece.

It's looking like I need to get creative and comeup with a repair kit that doesn't look cheap. I just would have thought someone would have already thought of one.

Not sure what diameter you need, but you might talk to a pen turner. We do acrylic and polyester turned blanks all the time. And can even do turned castings.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Another option would be to take the pieces to a shop that sells acrylic products and buy a new piece of rod. From there you cut it to length, slip into place, then caulk around both ends for a water tight seal and to hold it in place. I would use latex caulk.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

What is this acrylic rod used for? How big is it?

I would call up a professional before making any big purchases. It's always hard for me to go by whatever the local vendors have to say. They are usually not specialized in any field and rarely have good advice that doesn't include you spending way more than you need to.
    Your Hidden Content
    Where Healthy Living is Built In Hidden Content