+ Reply to Thread

Default Possible TINY leak on oil tank pipe to tank

Hi - I appear to have a very small leak where the pipe from where the oil delivery is pumped in to the tank - I put my finger on the threads of the large bolt and it had oil on it. I believe it only gets like that when oil is delivered and as soon as the level goes down a bit, it is not a problem as it is at the top of the tank. Is there a DIY option to "plug" of seal that whole area? Thanks in advance.

Steve

Default Re: Possible TINY leak on oil tank pipe to tank

Are you sure it's coming from the pipe joint? It can be just following the pipe in from the outside when he fills the tank. Check outside to see if there is oil there.

John

Don't let a drop of that oil hit the ground, or you'll have every environmental agency and organization you've ever heard of (and some you haven't) peering over your shoulder as you pay big bucks to clean it up, not to mention your neighbors and their lawyers.
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.

Hi Guys - thanks for the replies.

1. No oil has hit the ground.
    2. I just had a refill and no oil is on outside of length of pipe coming in from outside.

The tiny bit of oil seems to be around the thread of one of the pipe to tank areas. That now being known, is there something I can put on there to seal this up?

Thanks.

Steve