Exactly John, that is why I am asking why do they make it so you can't control the pressure or have the ability just to use cold. Just doesn't make sense. If you want to fill a bucket of cold water in the upstairs bathroom you can't use the sink and the tub uses both hot and cold. Or if you want to slowly run the hot water in the shower you can't. It is always the on the highest pressure. I don't have experience in plumbing so I can not see the reasoning behind not being able to control the hot and cold water separately. I just hear about scalding but then why is there the anti-scalding device hooked to my water heater that mixes cold right there. I am looking for something that makes sense. And not being able to control the pressure of the hot water does not make any what so ever. They talk about not wasting water isn't that more important then having 2 checks against scalding? Again I am asking because I don't do plumbing. Is there a device that you can add so that the hot can come out slow? Not one of those low flow things, I want something so it just drips if I want that. Mainly for filling things.