I need to replace a single-handle shower faucet with a double-handled unit.
This Old House did a show on this a long time ago and they used a trim cover plate to accomplish this replacement.
I cannot find this cover plate anywhere and I don't even know its proper name.
Nobody outside TOH seems to have heard about it.
We really dislike the single-handle unit and want to change it to a double, but I must have this trim piece to do the job.
I need a source, if possible, or at least it's proper name so the guys at the supply house don't look at me like I'm nuts.
Thank you in advance.