We are in the process of buying a house that has an ugly wood burning stove on a tiled platform in the family room. We originally thought we'd have it removed, as well as the platform, and close up the hole where the flue goes out. See at:

We started to wonder if there was a way to replace it with a fireplace, or something that looks like a fireplace. Or even encasing it in something so that it looks like the stove, as it is, is actually a fireplace. It does come out a bit far into the room, but just wanted to get some advice to see what might be possible, and what some different options are likely to cost.