+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: I think it is time for a new mower

Fencepost, if you buy a JD mower at a big box store, a good indication that they are not the same is the fact you can not get parts for them through a JD dealer.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Alright everybody. This is the weekend I'm going to do it. After all your help and lots of thinking about it. I decided to go with a John Deere. The John Deere D110 to be exact. The price is right and all the looking and research I've done leaves me feeling confident about it. It's a good name and I plan of taking very good care of it. Thanks for the help everybody! glad I found this forum, I'll be sticking around for a while. Spring is coming .

Glad we could help.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Good choice, I would however suggest you add a little more to the price and get the 7 iron deck if it available for that unit. The heaver duty deck will cut down on problems.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    Good choice, I would however suggest you add a little more to the price and get the 7 iron deck if it available for that unit. The heaver duty deck will cut down on problems.

Jack
    I didn't think about something like that. Is that something I can add on later if I decide it would help out?

Quote Originally Posted by bernardo78 View Post
    I didn't think about something like that. Is that something I can add on later if I decide it would help out?
    I believe that this is an upgrade that you'd get at time of purchase. Kind of like buying a car, you don't go back later for leather seats, sure, you can get them, but they'll be more expensive and what are you going to do with the original, now extra seats?

Same principle for the mower deck, the mower will come with either the standard or the upgraded deck, your choice at time of purchase, not after. I would recommend visiting your dealer and discuss the differences between the two and make your decision from there.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Yes, I think you are ready for the switch!
    My dad made the switch last year and he couldn't be happier. He invested in a Cub Cadet which is pretty top of the line. We have a large front and backyard so I was surprised it took him this long to make the switch, but now he can't stop talking about it! He won't even let me mow the lawn yet (not that I'm complaining) because he says, "I should be the first one to put a scratch on it." Haha good luck with your switch!
    Your Hidden Content
    Where Healthy Living is Built In Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    We are on our second John Deere riding mower, The last one is still running after 25 years but I can't get a new deck for it which is what is bad now. And it has been used on an average of 10 acres a year. As far as parts go I did replace the seat and it needs a new muffler.

Be warned the John Deere mowers at the big box stores are not the same as the ones sold by JD dealers.

Jack
    True. I know a few years ago,while shopping a new JD,the riders from a legit JD dealership had Kawasaki engines,the ones from the big box stores had cheaper Brigs engines.
    I do see decks for sale on E-Bay every now and then. Problem is the shipping charges though. If you're patient maybe one will come up for sale close enough for you to drive and pick it up.