+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Members

Default Members

Last year myself and some other members had some of are replies published in This Old House magazine. Did any of you ever get a copy of that issue a promised? I for one never received mine? The reason I'm asking is because they have contacted me to do this again. I'm having some second thoughts about it. Looking for others thoughts.

John

Default Re: Members

It's a crap shoot whether you get one or not. I did an extensive review of a product for them, they cut the review to two sentences. I got to keep the product, but got no magazine.

I and others have made contributions through this forum that have been published in the magazine, some have gotten a magazine, most have not.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

That's the answer I was expecting I would get. I think I'll stay out this year. Don't like dealing with people that don't keep there word.

John

I never received a copy of anything either

they contacted me again too for this year's issue.

i was in 2 issues in the past i received copies of hte mag.. the third time they contacted me the email was infected with a virus and my anti virus program couldnt block it.. had to wipe my computer clean...
    fire up the saw and make some dust

It's not nice to promise a free copy to contributors and then not to deliver it.

I was in last years for the first time. I don't recall that they ever promised me any issues. Even though I am a subscriber, I think they would have had to ask for my street address in order to send me another copy as I have not put a lot of personal information in my account here.

Keith, they did ask me for my address with the intention of sending me a copy. Which they never did even after I made several more requests. I had to finely buy a copy for myself.

John

and after all the effort to get them a decent picture of my pretty face