+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Drilled Well

Default Drilled Well

We just had a well bored. We are putting the pressure tank inside about 15 feet from the well. Can I put a fauccet outside at the site of the well before the pressure tank or must I put it after the pressure tank? I am concerened that if I put it first the pressure tank will not work correctly when the faucet is open. Thanks

Default Re: Drilled Well

What type pump are you using and were is it located?

John

The pump is unknown and it is submerged in the well.

If the pump has a check valve and the pressure switch is at the tank then it can work.

John

Smile Re: Drilled Well

I will contact the contractor that bored the well to get info on pump. Thanks

As long as the check valve is at the well head the entire line is pressurized. Our check valve is just below the pitless adapter and we have 3 hydrants running off a tee at the well head.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Do you have a pressure gauge and pressure switch inside where the tank is or out by the well head? If these are inside at the tank, then you probably cannot put in a faucet outside at the well head. Most of the time, the brass piece that you see the switch and the gauge attached to has a check valve inside it and the faucet will not work on the well side of the check valve.