+ Reply to Thread

Thread: mystery product

Default mystery product

Recently I helped a friend out finishing his kitchen, with the cracks in the plaster and lathe, he gave me some grey fiber glass sheets that was compressed to less than a 16th. Not a mesh. It worked great, I have looked for it and haven't found it, don't know what it is called or where I can get it. My friend got it from a contractor friend, but isn't in touch with him anymore as it was a long while ago. Anyone know what product I am talking about and where I can get it please. Thanks

Default Re: mystery product

I'm not sure, but I think a product used in the auto body repair business may be what you used . I believe it is used to repair fiberglass panels . The boating industry may use the similar . What it's called ? IDK.

Gizmo

Cut it 3 times & it's still to short.
    Inventor of the Miter Master Plus.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Gizmo has the most reasonable answer.
    But it could also have been a Polycarbonate sheet or a Carbon Fiber repair material which can be used on masonary walls.
    But for true plaster walls or ceilings I would not recommend any of the above be used.

IIRC they make a skirting sheet that is applied over drywall in high-wear areas like hospital corridors. It's like a formica without the decorative finish layer. I'd google for phenolic impregnated sheeting.
    Casey
    Remove not the ancient landmark, which your fathers have set.