+ Reply to Thread

Default Blizzard of 2013 in New England States

I would request your prayers and remembrances for all the people of Conn., R.I., Mass., Maine & other states who have had to endure the bitter suffering of "Nemo" for the past few days; the storm hit us here in Mass. & R.I. with a terrible blow that has not been seen here since the Blizzard of '78; two to three feet of snow coupled with bitter 70 mph winds immediately knocked out the elec power for 100s of thousands of people, and with it, their heat; everything went down---the heat, the phones, internet, etc.; temperatures in the teens & lower with no heat in the house for days on end has to be experienced to be believed; National Grid & other elec providers did respond quickly & service has been restored to perhaps more than half, but many others are still without power & heat and were forced out of their freezing homes to community shelters, at least the ones who could be reached & transported; many elderly people who live alone & are isolated (no cell phones) were hit the hardest, & I fear there will be many deaths among the elderly because of this.

Many people in other parts of the country who experience loss of heat on a regular basis in winter months develop a deep awareness of this and always take the precaution of having another source of heat, such as a wood stove, vented propane/gas stove/heater, a portable generator, etc., ----sounds
    like a good idea; there's just too much to lose when the well-being & survival of family members is involved.
    Last edited by Pelton; 02-11-2013 at 12:55 PM.

Default Re: Blizzard of 2013 in New England States

The whole country is behind you. The east coast has been going through many disasters lately. We have you guys in our thoughts.