+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Backsplash idea

Hybrid View

Post Backsplash idea

To whom it may concern:

I would like to know if and how I can make a Backsplash using
    "Flat Decorative Glass/marble like" to make a backsplash? I am thinking that I would havee to find/use some sort of "backing" to attach the glass to 1st and then attach the piece's of th tiles to the wall with the usual mud used for tiling?
    Thank you in advance for your prompt and courteous attention to my question. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,
    Veronica

Default Re: Backsplash idea

Using a cement board backer is not a necessity for a back splash.
    These tiles stick to most surfaces with tile mastic, available at HD, not mud.

Mastic is fine for regular tiles, but not great for glass as mastic usually turns brown over time and this will be seen through the glass. There are cement based thinsets made for glass tile (which you can use for the other tiles too) available from Home Depot.

Set the glass and ceramics at the same time. Grout with unsanded grout.

Question Re: Backsplash idea

Thank you for your reply. However, I may have explained my question correctly! The glass pieces are ALL individual pieces, so I wanted to know what I would use to attach them to make a 4x4piece to then attach to the wall?
    Please let me know if this clears up my question.
    Again, Thank you in advance for your prompt and courteous attention to my question. I look forward to your reply.
    Regards,
    Veronica

If that's the case, use glue to attach your glass pieces to a plastic mesh first, let them dry off and then stick them on the wall the way you like them. Good luck.