+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Who to hire for replacement windows?

Where I live I went with a local company who manufactures and installs windows, and have been very pleased. Plus it supports a nice local family-owned company. Perhaps there is such a company in your area. Cheers.

my personal preference is window magic India doors and window frames simply because the color match is very similar in the white and the quality is spot on. halo are also good and easier to get a better energy rating because it is a five chamber system but you can get a c rating with windows.

Always check the BBB and if you have a NARI association. Also, listen to your local am radio for shows that have local contractors.

Just like dj1 mentioned, you can make use of referrals and websites to know about the residential window installers in your locality. There are many window installers around the world that can offer friendly, knowledgeable service when you are ready for windows to be installed.

Few states require a specific window contractor license. It is more common to have a general contractor license in construction. Even then, some states do not even require this. Therefore, it is a good idea to check references and to ask the window contractor to provide you with information about his or her training and experience.

‎ I found some informative links that can help you out:

http://goarticles.com/article/Why-Hi...aller/6358320/
    http://www.cossins.com/blog/72-choos...n-company.html
    http://www.clerawindows.com/blog/how...an-be-trusted/

Just like dj1 mentioned, you can make use of referrals and websites to know about the residential window installers in your locality. There are many window installers around the world that can offer friendly, knowledgeable service when you are ready for windows to be installed. My recommendations is with Clera windows whom I am dealing for about three years.

Few states require a specific window contractor license. It is more common to have a general contractor license in construction. Even then, some states do not even require this. Therefore, it is a good idea to check references and to ask the window contractor to provide you with information about his or her training and experience.