View Poll Results: Log in or register to vote for the May 2013 cover of This Old House Magazine

Voters
225. This poll is closed
  • COVER "A"

133 59.11%
  • COVER "B"

92 40.89%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Log in or register to vote for the May 2013 cover of This Old House Magazine

Both are very nice for a cover. I had to let a coin toss make the decision for me...

"A" it is.

Default Old Tom

Cover B looks completely washed out with all that white, and the main features in it seem to be the furnishings rather than anything to do with the house. I vote for A since it features more interesting parts of the house itself and the colors are more inviting as well.

Default Re: Log in or register to vote for the May 2013 cover of This Old House Magazine

Cover A brings both the old and the new to this kitchen. I liked cover B also but liked A just a little better.

I'm likin cover A.. As a Arts & Crafts fan/contractor I'm am drawn toward cover A, although the sink cabinets are standing proud in spots and the doors are not even, it's "homey" & warm. Like the sink fixtures a lot!!
    John Perkins
    Houston
    'Texn8'

I like b okay. Kitchen stuff doesn't really interest me but....the corner cabinet is a nice piece that would be fun to build so the Arts & Crafts in me says Cover "A".

The living area seemed just alittle too stark. Both are nice however.

Cover A has more color to it - looks alive - what is it with all the sterile - white rooms? To me too much white is cold & harsh - not to mention it gets dirty easily -- too much time spent cleaning rather than in the garden

Post Re: Log in or register to vote for the May 2013 cover of This Old House Magazine

Don't care for A, too many styles in one room. Love B, it's airy and springlike and would not be a difficult project. I vote for B.

can not see the covers, so how do I choose?

Cover A puts me in mind of a New England house that might have been reclaimed by the TOH team, while cover B to me really does seem better suited as another member said to Better Homes and Gardens.