View Poll Results: Log in or register to vote for the May 2013 cover of This Old House Magazine

Voters
225. This poll is closed
  • COVER "A"

133 59.11%
  • COVER "B"

92 40.89%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Log in or register to vote for the May 2013 cover of This Old House Magazine

Use the poll tool (above) to vote for your favorite May 2013 cover (choices pictured below).

We enjoy reading your feedback, but be aware that only votes made through the poll tool will be counted. Votes that are typed into replies to this post will not be counted.

Scroll down to see the TWO (2) cover choices. The cover with the most votes will go to press. Thanks for your time!

Default Re: Log in or register to vote for the May 2013 cover of This Old House Magazine

I like both covers. I believe cover "B" gives more of a relaxing spring/summer feel; whereas, "A" makes me think of cooking/work and heating up the house when my wife and I could be relaxing.

Default Re: Log in or register to vote for the May 2013 cover of This Old House Magazine

Cover A is more dynamic and brings the viewer into the photo.

Thumbs up Re: Log in or register to vote for the May 2013 cover of This Old House Magazine

Cover B is nice, but it's perhaps more of a decor picture, not really a picture that might encompass the kinds of projects the TOH audience might appreciate. So I vote for Cover A.

Thumbs up COVER A is a winner!

Cover A is strong, especially with the fresh colors and the corner armoire. It usually bothers me to have strong elements that draw my eye to the left but I know you will balance that with copy on the right. With no copy I would rather see the cover photo flopped, so the armoire is on the right, which would draw me in and make me want to turn the cover to the next page.

I vote for Cover A, mainly on the basis that it looks like a renovation and not a new addition, which is what Cover B looks like. The corner cupboard is a comfy accent, and I probably would feel more comfortable in the smaller kitchen than in the larger room. That said,I immediately honed in on the antique furniture in Cover B, especially the beautiful turned leg table. It's a very pretty room, a la Better Homes and Gardens.

Smile Re: Log in or register to vote for the May 2013 cover of This Old House Magazine

My preferance would be B

I like both but think that cover B is good for a May issue - light and airy, inviting. Cover A has all of the elements that we've seen extensively in the past few years so it feels redundant (to me).

The B cover loks as if it is just waiting for some one to relax with a good book.

Smile Re: Log in or register to vote for the May 2013 cover of This Old House Magazine

Both are nice covers, but "B" does it for me; brings the outside in, great room and that's exactly what I like!