+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default What size angle supply for Kohler Bancroft single hole faucet?

I do not know which size of angle supply 1/2 inch or 3/8 inch to buy to install with a new Kohler Bancroft monoblock lavatory faucet.Kohler K-10579-4-SN Bancroft Monoblock Lavatory Faucet With Escutcheon And Lever Handles. I called Kohler and they said they did not know. Any direction please. This is a remodel in a 1938 house. Thank you

Default Re: What size angle supply for Kohler Bancroft single hole faucet?

We can't tell you either.

What is your water pressure?
    What is your flow rate?
    What is the size of water meter to your home?
    What size pipes do you have?
    What condition are the pipes in?

Without knowing all of these with an onsite inspection, we can't tell you. If in doubt go larger. It can't hurt. Otherwise look at the rest of the valves in your house and if they work well, copy that.

HR summed it up, but if you're talking about the angle stop, to make a long story short, use 1/2" outlet.

When you replace your existing angle stop, check the condition of the nipple extending out the wall. If corroded, rusty and blocked (galvanized) - you have a serious pipe condition on your hand, and you should consider re-piping.

Thanks, Houston and dj, for your quick reply. Water flow and pressure are good. No sign of corrosion, but will be running new water supply pipe anyway. Right now supply comes up through the floor for both the toilet and sink. I'm going to move the water lines inside the wall.

I'll go with a 1/2" angle supply as you recommend. Seems as though people commonly buy 3/8" for that last leg from the wall to the faucet hoses, but I'll stick to 1/2". Don't know the diameter of the faucet hoses and I guess, Kohler tech doesn't either.

Thanks, again.